2021 brought in many changes, but not all those changes need to be negative. Choose to take this time to re-evaluate your lifestyle and work hard to achieve the best version of yourself. We’ve compiled 10 tips guaranteed to make you feel like a new and improved person.
- Avoid stress. Stress can lead to many health issues, from bad sleep to chronic heart disease. If work is dragging you down, step back and take a break or immerse yourself in a calming atmosphere using tea or essential oils. Nutrivive offers pure CBD oil to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Eat healthier. Eating healthy doesn’t mean depriving yourself. It just means being more mindful of what and how much you consume. Cook your meals instead of getting takeaway so you know you’re getting a balanced diet. If time is an issue, you can sign up for healthy meal subscriptions.
- Exercise regularly. Exercising offers many benefits, like weight loss and mood regulation. If you haven’t exercised in a while, start with something easy like light jogging, then work your way up to more challenging workouts.
- Stay hydrated. Dehydration can lead to dry skin, dizziness, nausea, and heatstroke. Always ensure you drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
- Improve your sleep quality. Insomnia, hypersomnia, and other sleep disorders can cause decreased performance at work and increased risk of depression and weight gain. Avoid looking at any devices before bed and maintain a strict bedtime. Specialized treatments like prescription medication and sleep therapy are also options for severe cases.
- Stick to a skincare routine. The skin is the body’s largest organ, so take care of it by adopting a skincare routine that works for you. Apply sunscreen daily to reduce the risk of skin cancer.
- Get tested. If you’re sexually active, get tested regularly to know your status and to receive the appropriate treatment if you’re discovered to be positive for any sexually transmitted infections.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking puts you at risk for various types of cancers and chronic illnesses. Find alternatives like lollipops or chewing gum.
- Consult with your doctor. There’s no one better to give you advice tailored to your needs than a medical professional. You may have a condition that means you can’t do strenuous exercise or need to avoid specific food. To avoid injury or aggravating any illnesses, ask your doctor for their approval first before jumping into a new diet or workout plan.
- Spend less time on social media. Studies have found that heavy social media use could lead to depression and anxiety. Don’t live your life through a screen. Instead of monitoring your friends through social media, reach out to them with a call and text and hang out in person.
Change requires active effort and discipline. It’s not easy, so don’t be upset at yourself for missing workouts or deviating from your diet. Taking breaks is also healthy. Celebrate your achievements so you continue to be motivated to live a healthier lifestyle.